National EAP is frequently requested to present expert content at professional conferences and employee training events nationwide. Below are a few of the most popular seminar topics.
Effective Management of Behavioral Health Issues in the Workplace
This seminar will:
- Provide a thorough review of current mental & behavioral health issues that are widespread throughout all industries
- Identify the enormous organizational risks and liability that arise when employee decline is overlooked
- Review strategies leadership can engage in to effectively manage and resolve difficult employee situations
- Address the importance of organizations having correct policies in place that protect and empower leadership to take smart action when they most need
The Inter-Generational Workplace: Making it Work For You
According to research conducted by The Birkman Group:
“Although most organizations pour time and resources into achieving and encouraging diversity, many limit their definition of diversity to gender and ethnicity. One of the most daunting diversity challenges — generational diversity — often goes overlooked and unaddressed. For the first time in history, employers are struggling to balance the different needs and working styles of five different generations in the workforce. However, many organizations leave employees and workplace teams on their own to deal these issues rather than provide guidance and support.”
Success is not achieved by chance, it’s achieved through deliberate, consistent effort. Don’t leave it up to your team to figure out how to navigate through this new territory.
Attend this session to learn how to:
- Identify the different generations and increase awareness of the values and expectations of each generation
- Describe potential challenges among the different generations
- Recognize different learning and feedback styles
- Strategies for effective cross generation communication
Workplace Balance. Is There an App for That?
With the increase of technology in everyone’s lives, attention must be paid to the impact in the workplace and the spillover to the home. Balanced against the flexibility of being away from the office is the extra stress from too much connectivity leading to lower productivity rather than the intended increase. Social media allows employees to comment on anything in an instant by a Tweet or a Facebook. This session explores technology’s pros and cons, its impact on work and life issues, and offer suggestions on handling these matters from both a practical and work/life balance perspective.
Attend this session to learn about the importance of disconnecting so that you can reconnect with what is important for you in your life. We will address the psychological burden of the workplace connection, resulting in home life disconnection and increased stress. Strategies to manage the demands of both work and life and tips to rejuvenate will be shared.
Workplace Drama: Understanding the Triangle
This presentation is for HR and management professionals who wish to increase their knowledge regarding maladaptive interpersonal behaviors within the organizational framework.
This seminar will include the following:
- A description of maladaptive interpersonal behaviors and common contributors to drama
- An explanation of The Drama Triangle, created by Dr. Stephen Karpman
- A review of the Victim, Persecutor, and Rescuer dynamic and its contribution to increased workplace drama
- Instructions on how to disrupt the triangulation process and diminish workplace drama
Attend this session to gain insight, and to sharpen your focus on workplace relationships, boundaries and accountability. We will also learn how to break destructive patterns that are limiting your overall effectiveness.
Attendees will receive a checklist outlining specific behaviors within each category of Victim, Persecutor, and Rescuer. This handout can be used to recognize unhealthy behaviors in a team or manager/employee relationship.
To request National EAP participate in your event or to customize a program for you, contact Dona Rutowicz, LMSW, Director of Business Solutions at 1-800-624-2593 ext. 14.